DRUMBEAT KEVIN DRUM ON POLITICS, POLICY, AND CATS MOTHER JONES March 2, 2012 THIS WEEK IN THE BLOGOSPHERE Q&A: What’s Going on With Gasoline Prices? Gasoline prices are on the rise! How come? And what does it mean? Let’s do a Q&A. Q: How much has the [...]
- Gun control: UCLA’s Adam Winkler on Santa Monica
- President Alters Personality of Jack Lew-Saves US Currency
- Glenn Greenwald: As Obama Makes “False” Surveillance Claims, Snowden Risks Life to Spark NSA Debate
- Cash Squeeze in China, Interest Rate Swaps Rise Most in 22 Months; China’s Credit Bubble About to Pop; Shadow Banking Crackdown
-  Iraq War 10 Yrs On: Media Lies, Refugees, Ongoing Civil War?
Hot Press Release!
- Do rapes result in fewer pregnancies than consensual intercourse? A review of the researchPartisan debate about pregnancy and rape re-emerged last week with a bill that would ban abortion 20 weeks after fertilization, when some researchers say fetuses are capable of feeling pain. H.R. 1797 heads to the House floor today with narrow exceptions — added by House leaders — for incest and for rape. A woman would need to report her rape to the "ap […]
- Is Obama spending 30 times more on climate change research than weather forecasting?Is President Barack Obama focusing on climate change to the detriment of today’s (and tomorrow’s) weather? Freshman Rep. Jim Bridenstine, R-Okla., thinks so. During a House floor speech on June 11, 2013, Bridenstine said he’s ready to accept Obama’s "apology" for spending too much on climate change research. "Here’s what we absolutely know, […]
- 'It's on page 107 of the health care bill!'The main provisions of President Barack Obama’s 2010 landmark health care law are getting closer and closer to implementation. On Jan. 1, 2014, most Americans will be required to buy insurance or pay a penalty. The poor will qualify for an expanded Medicaid program in many (but not all) states, and those of modest means everywhere will qualify for federal cr […]
- Do rapes result in fewer pregnancies than consensual intercourse? A review of the research