Dear ACLU Supporter,Freedom can’t protect itself — that’s where you and I come in. And by joining with the ACLU, you’ve taken an important step in defending the fundamental freedoms protected by our Constitution. Welcome to the most determined and dedicated community of civil rights advocates in America. Every one [...]
- Jesse Ventura – Sleeper Assassins (Conspiracy Theory)
- Mexican Priest Alejandro Solalinde on Central, South American Migrants’ Perilous Journey to U.S.
- Despite ‘Promises’, Japanese Market Chaos Continues
- Why Has Humanity Always Fantasized About the Capture and Rape of Women?
- Global Capital and the Nation State
Hot Press Release!
- As the IRS sits in the hot seat, we check tax factsIt’s not April 15 any more, but the Internal Revenue Service is all over the news anyway. The agency is reeling from the news that officials had been giving extra scrutiny to conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status. We recently looked at two claims about how the IRS and tax law work, by one Republican lawmaker and one Democrat. • In a Fox News intervie […]
- Fact-checking Michele Bachmann on the IRS and the health care lawDuring a recent interview with Fox News, Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., raised the specter of the Internal Revenue Service -- an agency currently under fire for appearing to target conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status -- collecting a database full of "intimate" details about Americans. "So now we find out these people are making deci […]
- Mailbag, Facebook edition: 'Stick to the definition of investigation'We receive lots of lively feedback from readers on Facebook, where we post all of our fact-checks. Here are Facebook comments on some our most popular recent items. Comments are edited for style and length. You can view our Facebook page aT http://www.facebook.com/politifact. Martina Navratilova on discrimination protection for gay people We can take it to t […]
- As the IRS sits in the hot seat, we check tax facts