Gingrich, Media, GOP and Obamas Views On DREAM Act and Executive Order on Immigration
Newsmax has an interesting article on Obamas recent Immigration Policy change:
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich charged President Barack Obama with pulling an “election-year gimmick” in an exclusive interview with Newsmax.TV shortly after the administration announced a major shift in its immigration policy.
“I think it’s very strange,” Gingrich countered after the Department of Homeland Security issued a policy change on Friday that essentially amounts to amnesty for the children of illegal immigrants. “If the president has the power to do that, why didn’t he do it three years ago? And if he can do it for people under 16, can he do it for everybody?”
Under the policy, which took effective immediately, people under 30 who came to the U.S. before they turned 16, will now have a path to remain in the country legally, though still not as citizens.
Mr. Gingrich, this one is easy:
1) The Republicans don’t like Obama. For 3 long painful years.
2) They’d probably rather seem him dead than in office. Even now. Why, I don’t know.
3) They simply would have blocked any compassionate, humanitarian efforts he would do.
4) They blocked the DREAM Act, so what do you think he is going to do?
5) “Can he do it for everybody?”. What would you do “for everybody” to be President. The answer is no. The power of the President is not unlimited. Mr. Romney if he gets elected will find this out as would you. Hopefully before creating riots of the “new poor” and the 99% some individuals seem to have missed.
Here is his video:
Here is Obamas:
“I don’t understand the legal basis of doing it and it makes you wonder, ‘is he just doing this as an election-year gimmick, and if it’s the right policy why did he fail to do it for three-and-a-half years,” Gingrich questioned.
Answer: Yes and yes. People haven’t listened. So why not use leverage. Would you? Or rather what would you do (for the rich and privileged)?
“The president of the United States is the commander in chief. We live in an era when we have terrorists who are plotting to kill Americans,” Gingrich insisted.